vineri, 16 decembrie 2011

weekend post....

Hi guys,
yep....winter is here....Christmas is near...but where is the SNOW??? I miss it hugely, don't you??Right now I'm sitting at my desk in the office and I thought about writing a good- feeling post....
I am listening to...
....although I never watched the video...I don't care about it, I am "hopelessly" inlove with the lyrics....:)
And because last night me and my better half were "hunting" for Christmas presents for more than 3 hours...I thought.....yep....Christmas is coming, wether we have the snow or not...it is definetly coming....
And as I was pouring myself another cup of coffee I thought to share with you one of my gulty pleasures....: I never drink coffee from a cup without its plate
google images

...yep....snobby I know...but that's just me....and I really think coffee goes awsome with oranges...since I just ate one and instantly wanted to drink another cup, although I already drank one just half an hour ago...
We bought a Christmas tree (in a pot with earth, so it is alive! and we can use it for the next few years, until I will plant it!) and we argued abut gold and red or blue ornaments for it...but I finally won...since, truly, I think the Christmas tree should have at least gold globes and all, if not with red....
google images

.....just look how good these three colours work together....and though some of you might say gold ornaments are kitsch...well I can't agree...gold means holiday, luxury, life, SPARK and spirit....nobility and welfare...and together with the red....well...it screams of joy of living! And what is Christmas if not the joy of the Birth of Christ?
 Nativity-Ghirlandaio (1480's)

That is how I feel and I am all for it!

       And might I add that I am simply inlove with Christmas cards...I loved them since I was little and my mom used to receive dozens which I pinned in notebooks (I still have some left at home probably...)
google images
 ...and I think that most people love the idea of the tree near the fireplace....with tons of gifts under it...., with a rocking chair next to it...and carols in the background....
google images
       All what's missing from my imagination is the snow...which probably won't come for Christmas this year....oh, where are my childhood years (!?), when snow started to fall weeks before Christmas......
google images
      
Oh well....even so, let's try to make the most of it and have a great time...listen to Christmas songs, eat cookies and baked apples, oranges and nuts....kiss under the mistletoe, have long evening walks in the cold....embellish our lovely homes and find joy in simple things like we once did...when we were kids.

Until next time.....Bisous!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu